How can I send you my products?
I am happy to receive submissions about your product or work. In an effort to be completely transparent and to save brands time, energy and resources, I only accept products that are a good fit for my aesthetic and that I might share. We will review your products and get back to you with either something we’d like to see in the studio, or we will let you know it’s not a good fit for us at that time.
Submissions can be sent to: [email protected]. Please include: “submission” in the subject line, links to your website and social media accounts, and up to 3 images. (Do not send submissions via Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.)
Please note: Sending a sample to the Oh Joy! studio does not guarantee that the sample will be posted to Joy’s social channels, nor can we guarantee a timeline.
Are you looking for any interns or employees?
Thanks for your interest in working with Oh Joy. We are not currently looking to expand our team. But should an opportunity arise, I’ll be sure to post on my social media accounts, so make sure you’re following me on Instagram.
Do you make money from your site?
It does generate income, which allows me to support my family, my employees, and maintain the high quality of content I strive to produce. All sponsored posts are marked as such. Regardless of the type of sponsorship, I only work with a brand if I feel it is a good fit for my aesthetic, my readership, and something I would buy or use anyway. The content of my posts are all items and experiences I genuinely like and support.
I also use affiliate links on the site. An affiliate link means that I may receive a commission on sales of the products at no cost to you .
Will you be a guest on my podcast or speak at an event?
I love the opportunity to share the information I have with an excited and engaged audience! But there is not always enough free time in my schedule to participate in every event I am asked to attend. Please feel free to email us, and if I’m available, I can pass the opportunity along to my agent.
Help! I need career or business advice!
I get a lot of emails asking about the various aspects of starting a design business, product line, and/or blog. For general freelance advice, I have co-written a book called Creative, Inc., about how to be a successful freelance creative. And if you want advice about starting or growing your blog, my book Blog, Inc. covers everything I wish I knew when I had started my blog.
I also started the Oh Joy! Academy to share with you everything I’ve learned in my 15 years of business. You can find lots of options there for help on your business, including one-on-one business coaching sessions with me, online classes and PDF workbooks!
For more advice, check out some of the recent podcasts I have been interviewed on!
1. Extraordinary Moms Podcast
– #128: Motherhood with Joy Cho of Oh Joy!
2. Rise Podcast with Rachel Hollis
– How To Get A Line at Target with Joy Cho
3. Young House Love
– #58: Why We Stopped Sharing Our Kids on the Internet with Joy Cho
4. Talking in Circles with Laura Miller
– Episode 9: Joy Cho on Art, Entrepreneurship, and Teaching Compassion
5. A Few Things by Of A Kind
– Episode 110: Oh Boy, We’ve Got Joy Cho of Oh Joy! on how I started my company, grow a team, and what’s the hardest thing to let go of as we grow.
6. Out of Line with Caroline Lee
– 13: Joy Cho on shyness and social anxiety
7. Holding Space with Cassidy Freitas
– Creativity, Joy, and Pain with Joy Cho
8. All Girls Considered
– Joy Cho on how I got started in design.
9. Raising the Bar with Alli and Michael
– Jump for Joy on why I currently don’t take investors.
10. Coffee and Crayons, A Back to School Podcast from Target
– Inspiring Creativity & Self-Expression with Joy Cho
11. Awesome with Alison
– Mastering growth, confidence and LIFE with Joy Cho!
– Managing a Team and How to Pitch Yourself with Joy Cho
13. Motherly hosted by Liz Tenety
– Joy Cho Opens Up on Being Creative in Motherhood
14. Don’t Keep Your Day Job with Cathy Heller
– How to be a Flourishing Freelancer
15. Goal Digger with Jenna Kutcher
– Where To Start: Building A Team with Joy Cho
16. At Home with Linda & Drew Scott
– Joy Cho
17. Second Life with Hillary Kerr
– A Career History Evolution and How to Pivot with Joy Cho
18. Now What? by Wix
– Joy Cho of Oh Joy! and Growing on Your Own Terms
20. A Kids Book About: The Podcast
Joy Talks About Confidence
21. Better Grownups
Introverts and Showing Up with Joy Cho
How do I get my products sold at Target?
The short answer is: there’s no one way! But I do offer lots of help in the Oh Joy! Academy to help get your business started and thriving, including a video workshop for licensing your products and one-on-one business coaching sessions with me!
Can you tell me about cool things to do and eat while visiting LA?
For some restaurant recommendations and my favorite shops in Los Angeles, click here to see our Los Angeles category on the blog.
Will you post about my crowd-funded project?
While we obviously admire ingenuity and entrepreneurship, we do not typically feature these type of campaigns. We like to post things that are readily available for sale and don’t want to create confusion for a product that is not available for some time. Once the project has been fully funded and the product is in production, you can email us about sending the product (see above).
Will you do a sponsored post with my company?
We do partner with brands on dedicated sponsored content that we feel are a good fit and allow us creative freedom to promote their product or service organically with our readers. Our favorites are underwritten sponsorships—less of an advertisement and more of an editorial project that can incorporate the client’s purpose and a fun editorial story for Oh Joy readers to learn from. If you are interested in working together on dedicated sponsored content please email us at: [email protected]. Thank you!