To start off this year's gift guides, I wanted to share a collection of things in which someone else benefits from the purchase. Whether extra goods are donated to a great cause or they provide jobs for artisans around the world, these pretty pieces make a pretty amazing impact on others…
01. Basket from Far & Wide Collective | partners with some of the most talented artisans in post-conflict and emerging economies.
02. Hand in Hand candle | saves 50 square feet of rain forest, and donates 1 bar of soap & 1 month of clean water to a child in the developing world.
03. Hand in Hand soap | donates 1 month of clean water to a child in the developing world.
04. LemLem cover up | inspires economic independence in Ethiopia and preserves the art of weaving.
05. Westerly clutch from 31 Bits | each purchase has direct impact on women’s lives in Uganda.
06. TOMS sunglasses | helps provide prescription glasses to middle school students in the US.
P.S. Hand in Hand is offering a special 15% off for Oh Joy readers through December 11th. Enter "ohjoy" at checkout!
Hello Joy, the numberings and the description doesn’t tally.
love these ideas. i think gifts that give back are sometimes the most meaningful. tis the season!
What a fun gift guide!
Thanks! Haven’t heard of Hand in Hand and would love to try their products!!
I love double-duty gifts and that little soap is adorable! Great picks Joy.
Chelsea & The City
Love love love this post! There are so many great companies out there that give back! Check out http://designwellspent.com for more!
We love gifts that give back!!!
Love this! My fave (local) company that gives back is Global Mothers: http://www.global-mothers.com
Oh my goodness, hand soap and candles are my all time favorite thing!!
That clutch is divine!!! Love gifts that give back.
That LemLem cover up is darling — I love me some pops of yellow!
How lovely! We love this idea for gifts that do good!
Love those sunglasses!
Cool recommends! 31 Bits and Hand in Hand have some really nice items. I’ve signed up to their newsletters.
Just bought Hand in Hand bath salts for my mom. I’ve been on the lookout for some. Love that these have gorgeous packaging, free shipping(!), and help others. Awesome.
I love the work that Far & Wide Collective does. You could also consider a charity gift, although these don’t actually result in physical “gifts” for people here beyond a card. Here’s an example: http://www.musthavegifts.org/charity-christmas-gifts