If you're looking for special ways to make your baby's nursery even more memorable, here's our newest DIY made especially for a room that a baby could share with an older sibling. This play table combines a chalkboard and magnet area for creating and displaying memories of all kinds. Watch the video to see the full how-to!
And to see all the materials and steps, I've repeated them below for reference!
– a kids table and chair set (you can buy a plain white table or use a vintage find)
- acrylic magnetic picture frames (we used 4 x 4 in)
– acrylic paint (we used cobalt blue, shimmer aqua, neon orange, and neon yellow)
– painters tape
– paint brush
– chalkboard paint (we used non-toxic paint which is safe for pregnant mothers)
1. Use painters tape to tape of a 4 inch section in the middle of the table – this will be where you will paint the magnetic paint. Once dry paint over the magnetic paint with your desired color for the table. The magnetic paint will still work under a coat of regular paint.
2. Paint the remaining ends of the table with chalkboard paint.
3. Use painters tape to create stripes on the table and chair legs. Paint the stripes your desired color.
4. Fill the magnet frames with drawings, photos, and other fun images and attach them to the middle magnetic panel.
Use the chalkboard table as a canvas and let your kids create and play!
// CREDITS //
Brought to you by Oh Joy + Target
Creative Direction by Joy Cho
Video by Jenner Brown
Production & Styling by Julia Wester
Hair & Makeup by Danielle Walch
Loved it! I will absolutely do it! Big fan of the blog.
LOVE IT!!! So creative JOY!! ?
Beautiful words from you. Loved the interview of your business. I wish you more success! The name of your business is my favorite! Loving the word Joy!
Adorable project. Loved the idea!
I love your DIY posts. They are always so creative and of course, so colorful!
A great place for any little artist – i will definetly make this for my little one one day! 🙂
x M. / http://nevermindnm.blogspot.com/
I love this! I want to make one for my little man for his birthday!
Loved it !
So cute …. Adorable
Love this DIY and I really love the gold herringbone wall decal! Can you share more info on this, please? Thank you, Joy!
The gold decal is from Target:
Oh what a great idea! I love chalkboard tables and the magnetic strip definitely gives it so much more potential?
Thank you so much for your prompt response! 🙂
This looks absolutely amazing! Great idea!
Fab idea – looks very usable and adaptable 🙂
This is a great idea! Finished result looks amazing 🙂
Jacqui | Halcyon Jar
Would you mind sharing your lip color? It’s the perfect coral-pink!
i say this a lot, but chalkboards are everything good and happy in life.
I love that ice cream cone. Where did you get it?