If you're looking for special ways to make your baby's nursery even more memorable, here's our newest DIY made especially for a room that a baby could share with an older sibling. This play table combines a chalkboard and magnet area for creating and displaying memories of all kinds. Watch the video to see the full how-to!
And to see all the materials and steps, I've repeated them below for reference!
– a kids table and chair set (you can buy a plain white table or use a vintage find)
- acrylic magnetic picture frames (we used 4 x 4 in)
– acrylic paint (we used cobalt blue, shimmer aqua, neon orange, and neon yellow)
– painters tape
– paint brush
– chalkboard paint (we used non-toxic paint which is safe for pregnant mothers)
1. Use painters tape to tape of a 4 inch section in the middle of the table – this will be where you will paint the magnetic paint. Once dry paint over the magnetic paint with your desired color for the table. The magnetic paint will still work under a coat of regular paint.
2. Paint the remaining ends of the table with chalkboard paint.
3. Use painters tape to create stripes on the table and chair legs. Paint the stripes your desired color.
4. Fill the magnet frames with drawings, photos, and other fun images and attach them to the middle magnetic panel.
Use the chalkboard table as a canvas and let your kids create and play!