Whenever I return home from vacation, there’s always something from the trip that I wish I could recreate at home to make it feel like summer all year round. I’m always inspired by the foods that I enjoy while at certain destinations! So today, inspired by a beach vacation, we partnered with Homewood Suites by Hilton to create a favorite boardwalk snack—funnel cake—and show you how to make your own mini version at home with a festive spin!
// CREDITS //
Brought to you by: Oh Joy + Homewood Suites by Hilton
Creative Direction: Joy Cho and Julia Wester
Video: Jenner Brown
Music: “Be Happy” by Katrina Stone
Creative Production and Styling: Julia Wester
Production Assistant: Jessica Hong
Graphics: Angie Stalker
Still photos: Casey Brodley
This content is sponsored by Hilton. All opinions are my own.
great video! I did not know it was possible and so simple to make homemade funnel cakes! where do you recommend purchasing a funnel and squeeze bottle? 🙂
Wow. I never see this cakes before. It’s look like very simple and very delicious. I’ll try ! Best regards.
Hi, Joy! How are you? 🙂
Oh, in Brazil we have something similar, but we fry it like little balls – we call it “bolinho de chuva” (like “rain doughnut”, haha). But funnel cake seems much more fun to make, I’d like to try it once! 🙂
Also, great video! I love how you speak so articulate ♥
That sounds delicious!!
Do you have a written recipe for the funnel cakes?
Yes! Here it is 🙂
2/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbs Sugar
1 1/3 Cups Flour
3/4 TspBaking Powder
4 Cups Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Sprinkles
6 Tbs water
1. Beat egg
2. Add milk
3. Sift together flour, salt, sugar, & baking powder. Add to milk & egg mixture.
4. Add sprinkles
5. Add oil to frying pan.
6. Use funnel to pour batter into squeeze bottle.
7. Set out a cooling rack with paper towels underneath to catch any oil that may drip.
7. When oil is hot, place cookie cutter in pan and squeeze batter into cookie cutter.
8. Cook until golden brown, approximately 30 seconds. Place on cooling rack.
9. Use sift to sprinkle powdered sugar over funnel cake.