Yesterday, we shared a pretty purple and grey table with this DIY beaded rope wall hanging as the backdrop. So today, we're showing you how to make it! It's a fun, simple and inexpensive way to add interest and texture to any space. The best part? You can customize the color and style to your preference and tailor it to a specific room. And after the party is said and done, it looks awesome in a living room or bedroom. Here's how to make it…
1. Cut 7 strands of rope, about 5' long.
2. Follow directions on the dye box to dye rope. Let the rope soak longer if you'd like the color to come out darker. Let dry for 2 hours.
3. String the beads and copper couplings, alternating between the two, onto each strand. Secure by tying a knot on each side of the bead/copper.
4. Repeat until you have 6 ropes beaded, leaving one rope strand extra.
5. Using a dab of hot glue, attach the extra strand of rope to the wooden dowel. Wrap the rope around the dowel a few times and finish with another dab of hot glue.
6. Repeat on the other end of the dowel.
7. Drape beaded ropes over the dowel as you see fit and hang.
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Sweatshirt Gray paint, CB2 end table (past season), Oh Joy DIY wall hanging, Sunbeam Vintage wire chairs, Ikea blush chairs, Target rug, Target table, Naomi Ito fabric (past season), Anthropologie floral plates, Target gold flatware, Anthropologie glasses, Dwell Studio napkins (past season), Tictail striped pot.