Last week, our friends from Olive & June stopped by to teach us how to create the most perfect Oh Joy! manicures to ever exist! Today, we have a festive and fun confetti design inspired by our Oh Joy for CALPAK travel collection! Here's everything you need to know so you can have a party on your nails wherever you may go…
– a foil square
– bobby pin
– your choice of polish colors (We used Essie Blanc for the base and these colors for the dots: CND World in Sage Scarf, Honey Darlin' and Reflecting Pool, Nails Inc in Mayfair Lane, Regents Palace, Queens Gardens, Old Park Lane, and Essie Gel Couture for the topcoat.)
1. Start with two base coats of white (we used Essie Blanc). Let dry completely.
2. Bend your bobby pin open so it's straight, this will be your dotting tool.
3. Apply a small dab of the first nail polish color you'll be using for your dots onto the foil square.
4. Dip your bobby pin into the polish and dot directly onto your nails in a random order, making sure to leave enough space for the rest of your dots.
5. Clean off your bobby pin with some polish remover when you're done with the first color, and continue step 3 and 4 until desired look is achieved.
6. Once dots are completely dry, apply top coat.