It's been cooling down here in Los Angeles, and it's finally beginning to feel like fall! So today, we're showing you how to create a place to cozy up at home and relax with a warm, inviting setting area inspired by rich fall colors. Take a look…
1. Color scheme. For this cozy, comfy corner, we chose a tonal fall color scheme! We let this gorgeous rug be our focal point and main color palette. We tied every accent piece back to it with lots of pinks, blues, and yellows.
2. Contrast walls. To add a fun pop of color to the space, we painted the walls different colors! When picking colors for opposing walls, it's important to make sure that they compliment each other without being too similar. So, we picked two shades of blue—a dark and light—that both worked well with the blue in the rug.
3. Add neutrals. For the accent pieces, we used a lot of natural elements, like leather, wood, metal, and greenery. These make the space feel more sophisticated and warm.
4. Texture adds coziness. Texture is key to any space, especially one you want to sit back and relax in. So, we added all the pillows we could find—soft pillows, faux fur throws, even a floor pillow.
5. Layer rugs. One last trick for styling a cozy seating area…layer your rugs! Sometimes corner nooks or smaller areas of the house aren't designed for a standard sized rug. When that's the case, get creative and layer them to cover more ground. Here, we used a larger circle rug underneath the rectangle one. It adds depth, texture, color, and personality to the space while also serving a very practical use.
Sources Shown: Target compass paint, Target mirror, Tuesday Mourning face print, Framebridge frame, Oh Joy! DIY floral print, AiModern credenza, Ban.do pink wooden container, World Market marble & wood paper weight, Target elephant figurine, Lamps Plus table lamp, Benjamin Moore Florida Keys Blue paint, Randal Ford chimpanzee print, Target console, Ikea pink planter, Target giraffe figurine, Target rhino figurine, Anthropologie ceramic girl, West Elm ceramic container, Ban.do wooden container, Senegal pink woven basket (similar), Target round jute rug, Lorena Canals blue rug, Eric Trine chairs, Anthropologie shag pillow, Lorena Canals pink pillow, Target gold end table (past season), Anthropologie mustard pillow, Target round navy pillow, Target round floor pillow, Michaels gold wire basket (past season), Target gray faux fur, Castle round blue pillow, Juju & Jake mustard knot pillow.