If you've ever craved spring rolls but don't have the brown rice paper on hand, today's easy recipe is for YOU! We're showing you how to make little spring roll lettuce wraps…aka the perfect quick meal for you and your family. Or, if you're having friends over, it's fun to have all the ingredients out buffet-style and let guests build their own. Here's how to make them!
– butter lettuce
– mango, cut into thin strips
– carrots, cut into thin strips
– red cabbage, cut into thin strips
– Persian cucumbers, sliced
– avocado, sliced into wedges
– shrimp, tails removed (we thawed ours from frozen in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes)
– scallions, sliced
– mint leaves
– sesame seeds
– peanut sauce
1. Per plate, add two or three whole leaves of butter lettuce. You will use the center of the lettuce leaves as "bowl" for the rest of the salad.
2. Top with lettuce with avocado, mango, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, and shrimp.
3. Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
4. Garnish with mint and drizzle with peanut sauce.
Enjoy! It's fresh, healthy, and SO good! Have a great weekend, all!