This year has been very difficult financially for many of our neighbors, community, friends—and maybe even our own families. We've had a year we never imagined, but we've also seen the incredible generosity and kindness of communities and neighbors coming together and helping to meet each others' most basic needs. Donating to non-profits can seem hard when our own finances may not be their best this year, but I have been trying to find creative ways to give and support.
For example, I had an IG closet sale recently where all profits went to The Loveland Foundation…we raised $1500 in one weekend! And, for this upcoming holiday, instead of gifting our colleagues and clients with physical gifts (the way we normally do), instead we're going to use those funds towards giving to one of the below organizations instead. We know that everyone is okay with foregoing getting a gift from us for a great cause instead.
So this Giving Tuesday, if you're in a position to give or donate in any capacity, I wanted to highlight some great organizations that could use your help to keep meeting the needs of our communities in need…
1) Baby2Baby – provides children living in poverty, ages 0-12 years, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves.
2) Feeding America – The Feeding America network is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, working to connect people with food and end hunger. Donors, staff, and volunteers all play an important role in our efforts to end hunger in the United States.
3) No Kid Hungry – No Kid Hungry is working to end child hunger in America today by ensuring that all children get the healthy food they need every day to thrive.
4) Covenant House – Covenant House has helped transform and save the lives of more than a million homeless, runaway and trafficked young people. They offer housing and support services to young people in need – currently reaching 74,000 youth every year.
5) Boys and Girls Club – It takes an army of people, a safe environment, high-quality programs and unique experiences to level the playing field for all kids. Boys & Girls Clubs helps to build great futures for America's young people.