Lately I've been working on some new video ideas—like a video version of a column we used to have here called Flavor Stories. I love emphasizing flavors and thinking about how two different ones can work together. So the new video version of Flavor Stories will show you how I like to marry two of my favorite tastes. Today, it's all about spicy and tangy in this super easy shrimp stir-fry recipe. The best part is…all of these take less than 30 minutes to make! Hope you guys enjoy it!
P.S. You can follow along with all the Oh Joy videos by subscribing to my YouTube channel right here!
P.P.S. You can pin the dish right here. And here's the printed recipe below…
SPICY + TANGY SHRIMP STIR-FRY (SERVES 2)
Prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 15 minutes
-1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
-1 shallot, diced
-2 cloves of garlic, diced
-1 lb. of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
-2 cups of sugar snap peas, sliced
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/2 cup Sriracha
-Salt & pepper
1. In a wok or curved nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, add oil. Add garlic and shallots and saute until they're cooked halfway through.
2. Add the shrimp and saute until pink on both sides, but not totally cooked through.
3. Add the sugar snap peas, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Once the shrimp and peas are almost fully cooked, add the ketchup and Sriracha. Add less Sriracha if you prefer a less spicy dish; otherwise, one-to-one is the intended ratio.
5. Toss everything together, making sure the shrimp is cooked through.
6. Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy!