Ruby started pre-school last month, and at first, I dreaded having to pack her lunch every day. But now, it's become more fun trying to think of fun little, nutritional foods to give her. Here are a few of the pieces thath have become a daily essentials for us when packing her lunch…
01. This Bumkins lunch bag with reusable snack bags are easy to open and close. The patterns aren't my favorite but it's much easier for Ruby to use than a lunch bag with a full zipper.
02. To keep her lunch cold, we stick a couple of these Fit & Fresh penguin ice packs into her bag.
03. I use these Kitchen Kraft silicone cupcake liners to divide up little sections of fruit and veggies for her inside of the lidded containers.
04. I love how these Fit & Fresh containers have ice packs as part of the lid! They're perfect for fruit, veggies, and for her little sandwiches.
05. For hot foods, we use this Frego glass container which is microwave and dishwasher safe. I also use these when I pack my leftovers for lunch the next day too!
06. We use these Juice in the Box reusable juice boxes for water, milk, or juice. They are easy to open and don't leak!
07. And finally, Ruby loves when her sandwiches come in fun shapes using these Munchkin silly sandwich cutters!
Are there any other pieces you love for your mini's meal time?
LOVE your daughters backpack…I want one for myself 🙂
Greetings from Italy,
Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary – Fashion Blog
Cute! My biggest complaint about my daughter’s preschool is that they REQUIRE her to eat the food that they provide. I got her one of these lulie wallace lunch boxes before I learned that we wouldn’t be able to use it this year! She’s 4 and opens and closes this lunchbox easily! http://www.luliewallace.com/collections/lunch-boxes/products/penelope-the-lunchbox
Check out http://www.wendolonia.com for all kinds of amazing lunches. She has so many cute ideas. I’ve even adapted many of them for the lunch that I take to work with me. Bento lunches are my favorite!
Toddler is lunch is top of mind lately. Your timing couldn’t be better. Thanks for sharing. Great product ideas.
My mom used to put fun shaped ice packs in our lunch boxes as well, so fun!
My little(s) use a goodbyn hero lunchbox. It comes with little containers with lids and stuff and they absolutely love decorating it with the stickers. The best part, it’s dishwasher safe! See them in action here: http://www.teamwiking.com/2014/08/11/spreckles-lake-san-francisco-california/
P.S. I love those little penguin ice packs, will def. have to pick some up.
Yes! The backpack! Super cool, what is it? Best greetings from Sweden!