You know we love typography around here, so here's a fun way to make a statement with chic and simple light box that adds a whimsical glow to any room…
- acrylic coating spray
– paint brush
1. Wipe down the acrylic box and make sure it's clean.
2. Place adhesive letters of your choice on the sliding lid of the box. You can choose a short phrase, a name, or initials.
3. Spray paint the lid and the bottom of the box with primer (we used painter's tape to tape off the sides).
4. Let dry for an hour. Once dry paint over with a layer of acrylic paint.
5. Let dry again for 1 hour and add a second coat if needed. Let dry completely for 2 hours then peel off the letters leaving an open area for the light to shine through.
6. Paint a layer of acrylic sealant and let dry overnight.
7. Finally, add string lights inside the box and let the end trail out enough from the lid to plug it into a nearby outlet.
These make for a fun accent in any room as well as a gift for that person who already has everything!