Sometimes you need a bag that's casual yet nicer than a plain canvas tote! So today, we're showing you how to make this everyday metallic tote using some basic sewing supplies. Here's how…
– 2 yards metallic fabric
– straight pins
– sewing needle
– fabric glue
1. Create the bag shape by drawing on the back side of the fabric in a boxy "U" shape, keeping the bottom part of the U nice and full. You can think of it as the same shape as a flattened plastic bag you might get from the grocery store.
2. Use straight pins to secure two pieces of fabric together (with the backside of fabric facing out) and cut out the shape from both pieces.
3. Keeping the fabric pinned with back of fabric facing out, use a simple loop stitch to join the outside bottom edges of the bag. Also, stitch the top of each of the handles all the way across.
4. For extra reinforcement, use fabric glue to line the seams you sewed. Let dry 15 minutes.
5. Finally, turn your bag inside out so that the shiny side is outside, and add fun brooches and pins to personalize it!