Did you know I love a good picnic? Especially when they are unexpected and you just decide one day to gather up some friends and go hang in a field with some snacks. Picnic baskets feels old fashioned in some ways, but still so fun and novelty in other ways. Today, we're sharing this Modern Picnic Basket to make for yourself or someone else who loves a good picnic! Here's how…
1. To make the straps, measure two strips of faux leather that are 2" x 22" and cut.
2. Cut two more strips that are 2" x 19".
3. Center the shorter strip on top of the longer one, leaving 1-1/2" on either end.
4. Glue the two strips together, with the backs facing each other. Repeat with remaining strips.
5. To attach, loop the handle through the basket, and fold over the 1-1/2" on the end, and glue to itself. Repeat with the other side and remaining handle.
6. Cut another strip 2-1/2" x 47". You may need to hot glue two pieces together since it's such a long strip.
7. Weave through the basket and finish with hot glue.
Fill your basket with picnic-perfect treats and enjoy! This would also make a very fun gift for a housewarming, hostess gift, or really just to say, "You're awesome. Come have a picnic with me!"
Items shown: Calhoun & Co. blanket, Calhoun & Co. striped pillow, Oh Joy! for Target glasses, Meri Meri glitter stir sticks, Willful Goods salad servers, Fido mason jar, Anthropologie plates, Sarah Sherman Samuel napkins, Target plastic canisters (past season)