July 4th is next week…yessss!!! So today, we’re sharing a simple but fun snack/dessert you can make and bring to a summer BBQ. We’re calling them Mini Fruit Cookie Tarts. They mix fresh fruit and toppings with a crispy waffle cracker for a refreshing treat that tastes like summer!
For your base ingredients…
– butter waffle cookies
You can create whatever combinations you like, but we mixed these combos together:
– Mango, raspberries, dragon fruit, sliced almonds
– Apricot, blackberry, shredded coconut
– Blueberry, kiwi, kumquat
1. Spread a layer of ricotta cheese onto the waffle cookie.
2. Add toppings, then drizzle with honey and garnish with a sprig of mint.
3. Best served immediately, otherwise be sure to refrigerate. They can be made up to an hour ahead of time.