Fall is here, and we're about to get into a season full of gatherings and holidays. When fall arrives, I am very rarely into traditional fall colors—like dark red, burnt orange, mustard yellow, and hunter green. Rather, I love seeing fall as an opportunity to get a little softer with color and mix in the peach and green from this month's Color Adventures. So, today, we're sharing a pretty fall table (with two very easy DIY's) perfect for a little gathering at home…
To set the tone for the dining area, we created this fabric tapestry and used the fabric as inspiration for the entire tabletop.
1. Measure and cut the fabric into thirds vertically.
2. Use sewing machine to finish all edges of the fabric except the top where you'll insert the dowel.
3. For the top, measure a 2" fold and sew.
4. Insert dowel into that opening.
Since the tapestry is such a statement we kept all of the other large pieces on the neutral or softer side with a gold metallic runner and simple grey and white rug.
For the tabletop, we added some softness to the scene with the pale pink, peach, and sage green accents coming from the flowers, mini pumpkins, and linens.
To add another pretty accent, we made these marbled dipped jar candles using mint, metallic grey, and white nail polish!
1. Fill dish pan with about 5" of water (keep it a bit warm so the nail polish doesn't harden immediately).
2. Working quickly, pour nail polish onto the water, holding it close to the surface of the water.
3. Drag the bamboo skewer through the nail polish a couple of times to create the marbling pattern. Be careful not to mix the colors too much.
4. Gently dip and turn the candle so that it picks up the nail polish on all sides.
5. Turn upside down to dry. Let dry for 20 minutes.
6. Before starting another batch, be sure to clean out all of the nail polish from the previous dip with either the skewer or a paper towel.
When using inexpensive items (like the mini pumpkins from the dollar section of Target and the marbled candles), if you use them in multiples scattered around a table, they feel way more chic then anyone would think based on their price! And, afterwards, you can use them around your home spread out into different rooms so they have versatility beyond just this event.
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Sweatshirt Gray paint, Mood floral fabric, Target rug, vintage mint chairs, Modernica gray chairs, Target table, Joanns gold fabric, Ikea plates, Target flatware, Ikea glasses, CB2 napkins (past season), Target ceramic pumpkins (dollar section), Ikea bud vases, Target grid vase (past season).