Happy Friday! This week has been crazy as we prep to close up for the holiday break next week. Today, I wanted to end the week with a fun little DIY drawstring bag to make for yourself OR as a gift for the holidays. It can even be made and then used to hold another holiday present for an extra special two-in-one gift. Here's how…
1. Using the paper as your template, trace and cut two rectangles from your fabric.
2. On one end of each piece of fabric, fold down about 1 1/2" (enough to easily fit two strands of the cotton cord through). Pin to secure.
3. If your fabric easily frays, use no sew glue to make a create a clean edge on each end of the fold for the cording.
4. Sew the fold down with sewing machine. Repeat on each side.
5. Lay fabric on top of each other, inside facing outward and pin to secure.
6. Sew all the way around, leaving the opening for the cord open. Turn bag right side out.
7. Measure cord to the length you'd like, then add about 10" extra. Repeat to make a second strand.
8. String cord through the opening on each side of the bag, and secure by tying a knot. Push knot back into the fold so you can't see it.
9. Repeat with other cord, stringing it through from the opposite end of the first cord.
10. Finally, use no sew glue to add pom poms to the front!