Happy February! Valentine’s Day is officially two weeks away, and we’re getting ready to share the love with heart-shaped cookie sandwiches! Make them to bring to school or work as a special treat for everyone you want to give some love to this Valentine’s Day. Here’s how to make them…
Sugar cookie ingredients:
– 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
– 1 Tsp baking soda
– 1/2 Tsp baking powder
– 1 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 egg 1 Tsp vanilla extract
– 1 Tsp water
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 6 oz cream cheese
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 2 Tsp vanilla extract
Here’s how to make the cookies…
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.
3. Add butter and sugar into a large bowl and cream until smooth.
4. Beat in the vanilla, water, and egg.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
6. On a floured surface, roll out dough and cut out hearts with cookie cutter.
7. Place hearts on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. For half of the heart cookies, top with sprinkles.
9. Bake for 8 minutes.
10. Once cookies have cooled for 5 minutes on a cooling rack, spoon frosting on to once cookie, topping with a sprinkled cookie to make your sandwich!
Here’s how to make the frosting…
1. Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Gradually add confectioners sugar, mixing until fully combined.
If you’re not into frosting, you can also keep them as single cookies. Bag them up in cute, simple packaging, and they’re ready to hand out!