Happy Friday! Let’s bring on the red, white, and blue because next week is July FOURTH! This year, we’re celebrating with a really tasty berry salsa and cute star crisps for dipping. It’s fresh, festive, and easy to make! Here’s how…
For the berry salsa, you’ll need…
– 1 (1 pound) container strawberries diced
– 1 pint Blueberries
– 1 (6 oz) container raspberries (we used red and golden)
– 1 (6 oz) container blackberries
– 1 pink lady apple diced (with skin)
– 1/4 cup mint minced
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup lemon juice
For the crisps, you’ll need…
– flour tortillas
– cooking spray
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cinnamon & sugar. Set aside.
2. Cut flour tortillas in shape of choice – we used a star cookie cutter for July 4th!
3. Spray/coat both sides of of the tortilla with the cooking oil and sprinkle each side lightly with cinnamon sugar.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake 8-11 minutes or until crisp. We added a bit of edible glitter to add a little sparkle to the dish.
5. While the chips bake, rinse, dice, and prep each fruit ingredient.
6. Place fruit and chopped mint into a large bowl.
7. In another bowl, whisk together honey and lemon and then toss that together with the fruit.
8. Serve immediately with crisps on the side!