My kids LOVE snacking on boards. It makes them eat things they wouldn’t normally eat, plus it’s a great way to feed a small group of hungry kids all at once. So today, we have a super easy fruit board that makes the perfect after school snack! It’s an extra special way to serve fruit that’ll get your kids and all their friends excited about having fruit as a treat. Here’s how…
For the board, we used:
– clementine wedges
For the dip, we layered:
– marshmallow fluff
You can also substitute with any kind of nut butter for a higher protein option!
A few tips to keep in mind when making a fruit board…
1. Arrange your fruit in clusters. Almost like color blocks, balance out each pile of fruit based on their color. We put the strawberries and red grapes apart from each other to balance out the lighter clementines and green grapes. Or, feel free to repeat the piles to repeat the color if your board is bigger.
2. If you want this to stay out on a counter or table for a few hours, toss your fruit in lemon juice to help keep them from browning!
3. Make sure your fruit is cut in bite sizes to make it easier for mini snacking.
4. Add food picks directly in your arrangement for a little extra fun flair and to make it easy for kids to pick up and dip the fruit without getting sticky.
5. Keep napkins or plates close to make it easy for kids to help themselves.