Thanksgiving is just a week away! So, today, we've partnered with Wonderful Halos to show you how to create festive decor for the kids’ table with…DIY turkey place settings! Grown and hand-picked fresh from the orchards—“tree-to-table,” Halos can be SUCH a fun and colorful addition to any part of the day, including crafts with the kids, and we love using them for more than just snack time. Here's how to make these friendly turkeys…
1. Cut a strip of felt of each color you'd like to use for the feathers. We made ours about 1/2" x 4".
2. Fan out the strips and glue together.
3. Cut out a circle for the face, a triangle for the beak, and a squiggle shape for the wattle.
4. Onto the circle, glue on the googly eyes and beak. On the reverse side of the circle, glue on the wattle.
5. Cut out feet.
6. Glue all pieces onto the Halo.
7. To make name card flags, add alphabet stickers to card stock and cut out. Use hot glue to attach it to the toothpick and stick into the Halo as a fun way to personalize each one.
One of our favorite things about these Halos mandarin place settings is that they double as a treat that kids can take home and enjoy after dinner or the next day! Wonderful Halos are sweet, seedless and easy to peel, making them the perfect healthy snack for kids and adults. It'll also help balance out all the holiday treats they'll surely be eating 😉
*This post is brought to you in collaboration with Wonderful Halos.
Sources shown: Benjamin Moore Florida Keys Blue, Jenny Vorwaller abstract painting, Target gold chairs, Target table, Target jute runner, Ikea glasses, West Elm mint vases, Floral Supply Syndicate clear vases, Target terrazzo bud vase (similar), Target gold flatware, Urban Outfitters blush plates, vintage napkins.