We're going all out GREEN for this month's Color Adventures! First up, we have this lush living room that reminds me of cool, boutique hotel. Here are a few tips on how to create a green oasis of your very own…
1. Go big with green! Green comes in SO many shades from subtle to bold..but it rarely gets too intense (like some colors can). So, we went bold by painting the walls sage green and bringing in a dark green velvet couch. The couch is a deep green so it compliments the wall and together make the two main statement pieces of the space.
2. Put a rug on it! We chose this woven rug because it has lots of green in it BUT also has splashes of other colors. A multi-color rug like this is a great way to bring in a focal color, but the mix of colors also makes it easy to maintain and hide any stains that could pop up!
3. Add in natural neutrals. For the rest of the furniture and accent pieces, we went neutral with lots of white, gold, and natural pieces like this pretty bamboo chair. They all help balance out the green and compliment the green couch and wall.
4. Make a gallery wall! For this gallery wall, we created a fun diamond shape by placing the largest print in the middle and adding smaller ones to the sides. It's a playful alternative to typical grid gallery and allows lots of other colors to come in and complement the green without overpowering it.
5. When in doubt, bring in some real life green in plants! Plants are an easy way to bring in some greenery while also adding texture and life to any space…not just a green one!
Sources shown: Target Bonsai paint (past season), Oh Joy! You're Okay print, PPL of Fashion dark green ladies print, Society 6 two women print by Isabelle Felieu*, Hiroyuki Izutsu pink abstract print, Framebridge frame*, Society 6 figure print by Velianna*, Society 6 jungle lady print by Alja Horvat*, Jenny Vorwaller abstract painting, Ai Modern credenza, Anthropologie large green canister, Target short green canister (in-store dollar section), Poketo dashed ceramic canister, Anthropologie gold jack, vintage wooden box, vintage alligator figurine, Anthropologie lady vase, Anthropologie Plant Lady planter, Oh Joy! DIY green plant stand, Target rattan chair, Arro Home round blue pillow (past season), Target round white pillow, Target faux fur, Wayfair rug, Target planter with stand, Arro Home ottoman (past season), Target gold tables, Anthropologie mugs, vintage couch, Anthropologie shag pillow, Urban Outfitters round green pillow, Anthropologie tassle pillow, Target round white pillow.