Can you believe we made these necklaces?! We've been eyeing the larger statement necklaces that are coming back in style and wanted to make one ourselves to share with you! We love them for the fall season, and they're great to make for friends and give as holiday gifts or to make for a craft night in! See how…
1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Roll out clay to make a long strand, and use clay knife to cut to 3" long.
3. Repeat with each color.
4. Connect the ends of one of the clay strands to make a loop. Use your fingers to gently smooth out the seam.
5. Repeat by feeding the next piece of clay through that link, and closing the ends together.
6. Once you have finished your chain link, place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Cut two strands of string, tie a knot with each string onto each of the outer rings.
8. String the copper coupling and wooden bead onto the string to cover the knots you just tied.
9. Finish the necklace by overlapping the ends of the string and tying two knots – this makes it adjustable!
You can make them at varying lengths depending on your style and where you want it to hit. We love them stacked in a group or worn solo, like here! It's also a fun project to make with a group of your friends!
P.S. We're giving away all the supplies you need to make these necklaces (or anything else with Sculpey right here!)