If you’re like me and adore chocolate-covered strawberries, you’re going to LOVE this frozen strawberry hot chocolate! It’s inspired by one of my favorite indulgent treats, is super decadent, and is perfect for all of your holiday parties. So, in partnership with KitchenAid, I’ve used the new K400 Blender to create a deliciously simple recipe that makes a rich frozen hot chocolate and blends in sweet strawberries for a fruity twist.
The KitchenAid® K400 Blender is ideal for recipes like this because it has an “Icy Drink” pre-set, so you can get the texture just right. You can also control the taste and texture for your exact recipe with the 5-speed dial. It’s super quick (blending even the toughest ingredients!), which is extra handy when party prepping.
I love making things that put a twist on classic recipes to make it a bit unexpected and incorporate a dash of whimsy, so these are garnished in true Oh Joy! fashion. Check it out…
– 2 cups strawberries (hulled, whole)
– 1-1/2 cups chocolate milk (we used pea milk to make it dairy-free)
– 3/4 cups cocoa powder (we used unsweetened bc the chocolate milk adds sugar)
– 4 cups ice
For the toppings..
– whipped cream
– freeze-dried strawberries, crumbled
– chocolate shavings
– shredded coconut
1. In the KitchenAid® K400 Blender, add ice, chocolate milk, hot cocoa powder, and strawberries.
2. Blend until fully mixed.
3. Pour into glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Then sprinkle on any other toppings you’d like!
Whenever I whip up something special for a party (or even just for myself!), I like to add something unexpected. Sprinkles are usually a great way to do this because almost anything tastes even sweeter with some sprinkles on top. Plus, sprinkles add a fun shimmer for a festive statement, especially for the holidays! So, for this drink, we piled on the pretty (and delicious) toppings!
Have a glass (or two) with friends for a holiday party…it’s perfect for both casual and more fancy gatherings! Enjoy!