I am very minimal when it comes to beauty, but once I find a product I love, I'll use it for as long as I can. Over the years, I've slowly transitioned the things I use on my face from all drugstore finds to some nicer, quality products. Part of that change has to do with getting older and appreciating a higher quality of things. And, because of this job, I am fortunate to get to try products out that sometimes I would have never known about on my own. Once I try something that works well for me, I'm a loyal customer. Here are my favorite things I've been using this past year (some new and some old favorites) and why I love them so…
1. Fourth Ray AM to PM Cleanser ($12) – Light and easy, this cleanser has been a really great addition to my morning and night routine.
2. Fourth Ray BFD ($14) – For makeup that doesn't come off easily with moisturizer, I'll use this which works like magic and also moisturizes your skin in the process.
3. Osea Blemish Balm ($48) – This was the biggest discovery of last year for me. As someone with combination skin, I always have extra skin problems in the winter when the air gets dry. Typically heavy moisturizers have more oil in them and make my face break out, and it's hard to combat both dry and oily areas at the same time. But this has served as both a moisturizer and a blemish solution and my winter skin has never felt better.
4. First Aid Beauty Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 ($25) – I'm typically not into tinted moisturizers, but this one is so light and provides just the perfect amount of coverage for a more even skin tone without feeling like foundation (which I don't wear).
5. Nars Orgasm Blush ($33) – This has been my go-to blush for YEARS and still is. It has just the right shade of pink for my skin tone with a bit of gold that makes it shimmer ever so slightly!
6. Revlon Stain Stick in Cherish ($7) – This is probably the last of my drug store essentials that I still use and love. The color adds a nice pop to the lips and it's a nice satin finish (not too glossy, not too matte)!
7. KimChi Chic Diamond Sharts in My Stage and World Dominance ($9) – These aren't everyday essentials but when I'm going out and want to add something FUN to my face, I love both of these options to put on eyelids!
I still remember a beauty post you did a year or two ago that introduced me to Glossier’s Super Pure serum! It totally changed my skin for the better!
A related question: said serum has gone semi-permanently out of stock. Do you happen to have a recommendation for something to replace it? (If it’s still a part of your skincare routine)
So glad you loved that serum, too! I love this one also:
Thank you, Joy! You’re the best!