As a follow-up to our recent from Fabric to Room post, we were inspired by this vintage dress I found to create a room based on these dreamy pastel shades…
If you spot a great piece of clothing that you want to inspire room decor, here are some tips to help you get started…
1. Put the piece out on a table and see what else you already have in the same color palette to make sure you really do like it. This dress is a mix of a few pastels—yellow, mint green, light pink, and teal. We found a few things with the same colors and laid them out to make sure we felt strongly about seeing pastels in other shapes and textures before proceeding. If you still like it outside of just a piece of clothing, then it's a go!
2. Paint the wall. To add a pop of pastel to the wall, we decided to go for a two-toned color block in two shades of mint. By choosing two colors that are on the same swatch of a paint color strip, you know they'll work together because they are different shades in the same color family. Plus, the two shades of mint offer some visual interest without being too contrasted from each other.
3. Add a neutral rug and other larger pieces. Going into this color palette, you know the colors are going to be varied, so ground the space with something neutral like this rug and dining table.
4. Add in the other shades. While you may not feel bold enough to mix different colors of chairs in your living room, the dining room is a fun space where you can have mis-matched chairs, and it looks awesome. As long as the chairs are in the same style, the mix of colors feels intentional and put together. Here, we brought in dining room chairs in pink, yellow, mint green, and teal.
5. Finally, place in a focal piece. Every space needs a conversation starter. The pink vintage side chair here is really is the star of the room. Its unique shape adds texture and an elegant style to this dining room space.
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Light Mint paint, Benjamin Moore Misty Teal paint, vintage lamp,Target rug, Modernica fiberglass chairs, CB2 table (past season), vintage glasses,Pehr Designs napkins (past season), Target flatware, Oh Joy! for Target HI vase, Ikeapink plates, Anthropologie appetizer plates, W&P Design pineapple tumbler, Teil Duncan girl print, Calais Le Coq 66 Motel print, Framebridge frame, Teil Duncan beach print, Framebridge frame, Joel Penkman donut print, Urban Outfitters gold planter,Modernica Props pink upholstered chair.