"Out of sight, out of mind" is something that has always been part of my thought process. Especially when it comes to food, I'm more likely to eat healthy things when I have access to them and less likely to eat them when they aren't around. To encourage healthy snacking, we've partnered with Wonderful Halos mandarins to show you a fun way to keep these delicious, seedless and easy-to-peel snacks "in sight and in mind".
Everyone loves indulging in a sweet treat, but it's often difficult to find snacks that are sweet and healthy. So swap out that candy jar for a Halos-filled jar that is a good choice solution for all ages so you can indulge without guilt. We custom painted large jars/vessels which can be filled with Halos and kept out in the kitchen, dining room, or even the front entrance to grab on the way out the door. It's like a candy jar but filled with fruit! Here's how…
– glass jar
– painters tape, thin washi tape, or contact paper
– white spray paint
– acrylic paint
– paint brush
1. Tape off the part of the jar that you would like to show as negative space. For the stripes and color block, we taped off the jar with painters tape and washi tape in either a solid area at the bottom or repeated stripes to create a pattern. To create the large circle, we cut out contact paper and placed that on the center of the jar.
2. Spray with spray paint. Let dry for 20 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the tape.
4. Paint the top rim of the jar with acrylic paint for a pop of color (it may help to do a coat of white acrylic paint as a base).
Voila! Then, fill each jar with a healthy stash of Halos. You can keep them out on your kitchen counter, by the door as you head out for the day, or even by your desk at work!
*This post is brought to you in partnership with Wonderful Halos.