Happy Monday! We had a really great past few days of events launching our new travel collection. I know what I need on this Monday is a little pick-me-up. So, today, we're making these Mini Matcha Funfetti Muffins! They make for a twist on the usual confetti treat with a dose of matcha that goes great with morning (or afternoon) coffee or tea. Here's how…
– 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 1/2 Tbs matcha powder
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 1/2 Tbs honey
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1 cup milk
– 2 Tbs water
– 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
– 4 Tbs sprinkles
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
*Makes about 24 mini muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and matcha powder.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg, milk, butter, honey, vanilla, and water.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until fully mixed.
5. Add 2 tbs of sprinkles to the batter and mix just until combined.
6. Spoon batter into ungreased mini muffin tin.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and water, slowly adding water to get desired thickness of glaze.
9. Let muffins cool for 1 minute and then transfer to cooling rack.
10. Drizzle glaze over the top of the muffins and top with pistachios & sprinkles!