Happy Friday! By the time you read this, I'll be on my way to Napa for a mini weekend family getaway. Every time I travel, I get lots of questions about the packing cubes I use (which are from our line with CALPAK) and truly the best travel accessory ever! If you follow my Stories, you've heard me talk about how much I love them, and how they completely change the packing game. So today, I'm going to share a few tips to get the most out of packing cubes and the best way to use them…
1. One cube per child for short trips. When traveling with kids for a weekend trip, I use one large packing cube per kid! It makes it super easy to keep track of their clothes and makes repacking much more streamlined. I put everything (complete outfits, undies, bathing suits, shoes) for each child in there.
2. Label, label, label! Our packing cubes have labels which can be inserted into a clear sleeve which is really helpful whether traveling solo or with your family. When I'm with the kids, I'll label their packing cubes by name. For when I'm traveling on my own for work, I label each packing cube based on what's inside, like tops, pants, swim wear, etc. The more organized, the better! These cubes really are like a traveling chest of drawers.
3. Roll your clothes! Rolling your clothes (I like to roll a full outfit together) makes it really easy to see exactly what is in each packing cube. If you fold and stack, you won't know what's on the bottom without digging through everything. This way, you can just grab and go. It's super easy. Plus, you can fit more in each packing cube this way and it will help keep wrinkles to a minimum.
4. Assign a pattern to each person. If you're traveling for a longer period of time and with multiple people, give each person a different packing cube pattern. Stripes for one, confetti for another, and floral for you. It's a nice visual reminder when looking through a large suitcase full of packing cubes and everyone feels like they have their very own set for traveling!
5. The waterproof pouch! The 5th piece in the set is a waterproof zip pouch for toiletries or wet swimsuits after a beach trip. It's super versatile and the waterproof lining protects all your other clothes from any wet items in your suitcase.
You can find all our packing cubes right here!