I love having plants in my home and experimenting with fun new ways to display them! This basket planter is a really simple DIY for when you want to have a group of plants together, but don't have pretty pots for all to see. Plus, it gives you an excuse to bring in some pretty pom poms and a splash of color! Here's how to make it…
1. Glue the pom and fringe trim to each other so that you have one long strand to work with.
2. Glue the combined trim around the top inside edge of the basket so the poms and fringe peek out over the edge.
3. To embroider, follow the natural weave of the basket. Feed the needle through the basket, make long stitches to get a solid strip of the floss, and finish with a knot on the inside of the basket.
4. Repeat over the floss you just sewed to make it thicker and bolder.
5. Finally, place some potted plants into the basket!
Items shown: Target Pirouette paint, Randal Ford chimpanzee print, Target console, Target desk lamp, Target canisters, Michaels wire basket, Target faux fur throw, Unison blue lumbar pillow, Virginia Johnson pink pillow (past season), HAY green box (past season), Lorena Canals rug, Wayfair chair.