Kids can be so easy, yet also so hard, to shop for. I’m all about gifts that explore creativity and imagination, so I’ve put together 12 of my favorites for younger kids (ages 2-5) and older kids (6-10). Don’t ask me about pre-teens or teens cause I have no idea (yet)! (And check out all my Mini favorites in the Oh Joy! Shop)
01. Budsies Custom Stuffed Animals ($129) – What a fun gift to get for a kid who loves to draw or create characters from their imagination.
02. Mini Faux Cake Decorating Kit by KiwiCo ($15) – This is a non-edible decorating kit which allows for a masterpiece (over and over again)!
03. Bubble Tree Bubbles ($21 for 6) – Bubbles are a guaranteed win every single time.
04. KiwiCo Koala Crate subscription (from $25) – My kids have subscribed to these monthly kits for years, and we update as their age change. It continues to be something they look forward to every month!
05. Follies Set ($170) – Great for a little kid who has bigger siblings (or grown-ups) who want to get in on the building action.
06. Oh Joy! Story Books ($9) – Books (for little kids) always make great gifts. Our Oh Joy! storybooks are perfect for this age group with thick pages, fun flaps, and great messages. You can see other book suggestions here.
07. Toodle Lulu Custom Stationery ($70) – I love teaching kids about the art of a thank you note, and these are a fun way to make them feel prideful of practicing their handwriting and gratitude.
08. Clixo Building Toy ($42) – My kids are obsessed with these and alllll the things you can make!
09. Magic Box ($35) – A kit with everything you need to be a magician!
10. Meri Cherry DIY Hat Kit ($36) – This is a fun kit that kids can decorate and wear right away afterwards! Use code OHJOY10 for 10% off.
11. Lego Dots Spaceship Kit ($16) and others – Dots are a fun evolution from the standard lego to create things you can make as well as use.
12. Flashing Cube Memory Brain Game ($40) – Using memory and interactivity, this is a fun game for older kids.
SHOP ALL OUR GIFT GUIDES THIS HOLIDAY SEASON! 1) Holiday Decor; 2) Home Decor; 3) Holiday Cards; and 4) Shop Small!
Hi! Long long time reader but I wanted to mention that these Spek magnet balls are very dangerous for little kids. They should not be marketed or promoted as toys for children. I would recommend removing these from this post so no one purchased for their small child
Hi Erica, Thank you so much to alerting me of this. I have seen them at several kids’ stores and had not heard about this. I have made the swap to something else.
Hi Joy! thanks so much for featuring our stationery. We love this list and thinking about getting our daughter the cake decorating kit. She loves cooking right now!
There’s a small typo on the name it’s actually “Toodle Lulu” can you change that? I appreciate it so much!!
You’re so welcome! And so sorry..fixed the typo!